3.5.09

My dream life....well almost...

“Earth's crammed with heaven.”
ELIZABETH BARRETT BROWNING


I am starting to plan for my long European trip. I will be taking it when I am 30 (not that far away). My best friend and I turn 30 the same year and had planned to take a fantastic vacation (if we are both still at this stage in our lives (singlish and family-less...we both have family but I mean kids, husband, house, American dream, yada-yada).

I am already researching it. I so want to go. I have bills and such, but am beginning to live for a super vacation. Maybe not even a vacation. I want to see the world. I mean how awesome is it that all of us came from the same 2 human beings and are so spread out, have such vastly different cultures and ideas, and have amazingly rich histories? I want to see what the world has to offer. I have already warned my aunt (boss) that I will be taking a leave of absence. I am going to try to feed this brain of mine any particle of travel advice I can find in preparation. 

I think that if I were not so afraid of missing people and making changes that I would be a world traveler (like this family http://www.soultravelers3.com/soultravelers3.html). I am fighting with myself and one half of me says to take a chance you only live once and the other says that is totally impossible in your situation and totally unrealistic. So as I write and learn about traveling I am going to try to post it so I am held accountable. At the very least, I am going to Europe during my 30th year and will have an utterly fantastic time and at the most (this might change I will try to live somewhere besides here in the US ...someday. I will try to lose the inhibitions and do what I would really love to do and not let anyone or thing discourage me. 

So we'll see what happens. It is going to be lovely no matter what!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you Liz! You should definitely at least travel a little, even if you don't wind up living somewhere else. And hey, instead of thinking about missing people, think about how happy they will be to come visit you when you're living in say, Ireland or something. ;-)

    And yes, this is the way to comment. I think you have my e-mail address, too.

    ReplyDelete