9.5.09

My adventure at the Pick N Pull

So my 16 year old car has technically broken down twice this week. And first my brother replaced the water pump and we were good to go.... UNTIL the loser car inspector (my inspection sticker is due too) got the emergency brake stuck. Sadly, it was kinda broken already so not entirely his fault. But my main complaint it he didn't even check the lights on the car in front of me. That guy didn't even get out of the car. I think it was age descrimination, but that is another story...

In the end, my brother continued to shine his brother crown by helping me with my car. He came all the way across town and disconnected the emergency brake and then the jeep sat in the driveway. And that is where, a couple days later, the adventure begins...

This afternoon, my dad, my other brother and I piled in the car with the broken part (the emergency lever) armed with a phone book and maps to the neighboring pick n pull places. My dad and brother totally dreaded it and said last time they went it took 3 hours... Yikes!! But of course, this time they had my sparkling personality to light their lovely way.

We got to the pick n pull and WOW! I found out it was like a scavenger hunt! They even gave me a map. Despite the fact that it was like 100 degrees out, our party combed through rows and rows of junk cars. Jeremy found "the car". And then we went to work on it to get the part we needed and 2 screws (thanks to someone who had previously taken the other part) we were outta there. Overall I had a great time! Literally, for 20 bucks, I got the part I needed and had a scavenger hunt at the same time!

And since Matt installed the part today she is good to go and will probably get her inspection tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment