21.6.09

Daytripping to Fredricksburg...

With Jeremy working close to Kerville, we've been spending some time in and around the Kerville/Fredricksburg area. I love that area to just spend the day. A couple of weeks ago, we spent a couple of hours there and I took some pictures of the local churches. They are filled with so much history they are beautiful! It is hard not to think they are gorgeous. I didn't have the time to go in each one and I think they were closed, but I went in the two big ones a couple of years ago and they have beautiful wood pews, hand carved altar areas and beautiful stained glass windows. It is almost opulent... or maybe it is.

This one is my favorite as far as my composition. I really like the shadows pointing to the fence and the fence leading you back to the church. The use of black and white was accidental, but I think it really emphasizes the solitude and historical aspect of the church.

Film roll change...

This picture and the one below were harder to photograph. I tried several angles, but in the end the one the emphasized the grandeur and sizes of the two churches was the best angle.

Favorite of the these two churches. Again wanted to emphasize the size.

This door is pretty fabulous. I like the character in the wood, shape, and the look.

Old buildings have so much more character than newer buildings usually. In these buildings, you can really see the craftmanship. You can see the artistry and the work that went into each detail. You can see how important the quality is. I know that the opulence and grandeur of these churches has a darker side, but I can look past it and really take in the fantastic artistry that went into each of these churches.

No comments:

Post a Comment